INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Magalhães & Associados, Internacional is a company that focuses on Intellectual Property Management, preparation of patents, registration of trademarks, design, software, copyrights, and protection of non-patentable technologies in Brazil and abroad.
Today, with 18 years in the market, Magalhães & Associados, Internacional embodies the efforts of its founder and countless collaborators who, over time, have contributed to turning a dream into reality: To be the best structured Intellectual Property firm in Minas Gerais and be able to serve medium and large companies in Brazil and abroad.
We operate internationally – Magalhães & Associados, Internacional operates in the international market, representing its clients’ interests in more than 60 countries and offering the best solutions for all matters related to Intellectual Property Management in Brazil and abroad.
Our record of excellence in service is a great distinction. Our clients are advised from the very first contact, through feasibility studies and analysis of their creations and innovations that allow strategic decision-making based on Innovation.
Our highly specialized team is certified by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and actively participates in the most important national and international Intellectual Property defense associations. Offers consulting and advisory services in Research, Development, and Innovation (R&D&I) for business development and expansion of the scope of protection of its intangible assets in Brazil or abroad.
Magalhães & Associados, Internacional has expertise that supports and optimizes Business Technology Strategy, providing the required information to competitive intelligence with regards to technology and intellectual property rights at the same time.
Countries in Operation
Briefly, our services are classified into two broad areas:
- Intellectual Property Management
- Awareness-raising for the formation of industrial property culture as a core of competitive technological intelligence (workshops, seminars, courses, etc.);
- Technological Information Management (focused on Innovation);
- Consultancy and Advice in R&D&I for Business Development;
- Technological research aimed at supporting R&D&I;
- Preparation of patents, registration of trademarks, design, software, copyrights, and protection of non-patentable technologies;
- Technological monitoring in strategic areas;
- Economic assessment in trademarks, patents, design, and software;
- Analysis of technology transfer agreements;
- Technical expert reports in the field of intellectual property.
- Registrations, assignments, contracts, and intellectual rights transfers, including franchises;
- Preventive legal advice;
- Consultancy and advice in R&D&I for business development;
- Audits of intellectual property rights;
- Litigation in any court and jurisdiction (unfair competition, search and seizure, indemnities) in Brazil and abroad.
Luiz Claudio de Magalhães
The professional experience of Luiz Claudio de Magalhães, with 40 years in the Industrial Property field, has led him to be recognized as a Celebrated Expert, serving as an Official Expert in numerous court actions.
Professional Background of Its Founder
Founder and CEO of Magalhães & Associados, International, Luiz Cláudio de Magalhães, was a specialist with National Institute of Industrial Property (INPI).
During the 21 years he worked with the Agency, he held several positions, notably that of Patent Examiner at its headquarters in Rio de Janeiro and his subsequent transfer to Minas Gerais in 1986 for the purpose of setting up INPI’s regional office and structure it to spread Industrial Property Culture with the Minas Industrial Park, especially in the development of partnerships with FIEMG and SEBRAE/MG.
In 1997, he was invited by the INPI Board of Directors to be Executive Coordinator of INPI’s Advanced Offices Implementation Project at the national level, a position he remained in until his resignation in 1999. This project was aimed at implementing 250 INPI branch offices in key cities throughout the country.
An architect (Universidade Gama Filho, RJ, 1977), with a graduate degree in Civil Engineering (UFRJ, 1978), he began his career at INPI after passing a civil service examination in 1978 and was nominated as a CNPQ Fellow to the UNDP – the United Nations Development Program (1978/1979), offered by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), one of the 46 UN agencies, where he obtained a special graduate degree after two years of studies at that Organization, in accordance with the efforts of the Brazilian government to place the country in the international scenario of the Age of Knowledge.
Relevant Professional Connections
- Member of the Brazilian Association of Industrial Property Agents (ABAPI)
- Member of the Brazilian Association of Intellectual Property (ABPI)
- Member of the Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI).
- Industrial Property Agent with the National Institute of Industrial Property (INPI).
- Official Expert for the Minas Gerais Court of Justice in actions in the Districts of Belo Horizonte, Contagem, Betim, Nova Serrana, Piumhi, Poços de Caldas, João Monlevade, among others.
- He was a member of the Technological Development Council of Federation of Industries of the State of Minas Gerais (FIEMG).
- He was a member of the Science and Technology Council of ACMinas – Commercial and Business Association of Minas Gerais.
- He was a member of the Studies and Projects Group in Information Technology Management of UBQ – Brazilian Union for Quality.
- He was the instructor of “Intellectual Property: Management and Business” in the Graduate Course in “Trademark Management and Corporate Identity” at IEC/ PUC-Minas.
- In August 2008, he left his teaching post at FUMEC, where for five years he held the position of Professor in charge of teaching “Industrial Property” in the Graduate Course in Product Design of the School of Engineering and Architecture, to dedicate himself to projects at OM Solutions Ltda, his IT company that develops special solutions for business management with a focus on Innovation.
Some of Our CLIENTS
Today, with 18 years in the market, Magalhães & Associados, Internacional has a portfolio of more than 800 clients in Brazil and abroad.
Just to illustrate, listed below are some clients we consider of greater relevance in our portfolio: